The Common Smartcard Solutions Association is dedicated to fostering common data structures for RFID applications. Our aim is to achieve compatibility of hardware and software solutions. In many contactless security applications, customers are confronted with confusing data structures. This makes it difficult to switch product or provider. Common standards, in contrast, allow greater transparency and more freedom of choice.
Lights on for common data structures:
- Defining common data structures for RFID applications
- Defining device interfaces
- Fostering and disseminating advancements
- Further development and updating of specifications and rules
- Ensuring compliance with specifications and rules
- Providing access control to applications
- Contributions in trade journals, websites, trade fairs
The standardised Open Cashfile structure is composed of various data fields. These may include a pin code for user authentication, for example, or a deposit counter, in addition to the obligatory fields for payments, such as currency code or the amount of credit on the card.